|Company name||YAMASAKI GIKEN CO.,LTD.|
|In business since||March 1948|
|Company established on||October 22, 1965|
|Representative||Chairman: Michio Yamasaki
President: Takahiro Morio
Senior managing director: Nozomu Yamasaki
|Executive Officer||Managing director: Hiromichi Ogasawara
Director and Manager of the Development Division: Hitoshi Yokoyama
Director and Plant Manager: Hidetoshi Yamanaka
Director and Manager of the Marine Products Division: Koji Fukunaga
|Number of employees||132|
|Sales||3,300,000,000 yen （as of September 2020）|
|Main business partners||Yamazen Co.,Ltd. / Fanuc Corporation / Fanacmagtronics Corporation / OM Metal Industry Co.,Ltd. / Watanabe Seikosho.|
|Main banks||Shikoku Bank / Iyo Bank / Shoko Chukin Bank|
Head Office and Factory
No.2 Techno-Park, TosaYamada cho, Kami city, Kochi Prefecture, 782-0010, Japan
|March 1948||Established Yamasaki Institute of Internal Combustion Laboratory at Kamobe, in Kochi City.
Developed the motorized bicycle ‘Bluebird’.
|December 1957||Developed outboard engine for motorized bicycles.
Began exports to Central and South America and Australia.
|February 1960||Developed non-stop BB-type transmission.|
|April 1961||Began development of metal cutting tools such as lathes, planers and horizontal boring machines.|
|April 1962||Developed DM-type non-stop transmission.|
|March 1963||Relocated the Company’s main office and the factory to 1147 Koda, Kochi City.
Opened the Osaka Business Office in Nishi-ku, Osaka City.
Developed YZ-7 Combined Milling Machine.
|October 1965||Became a limited liability company under the new name Yamasaki Giken.|
|May 1967||Developed the YZ-8 Combined Milling Machine.|
|May 1969||Built our second factory at 2098, Koda, Kochi City.
Became a member of the Japan Machine Tool Builders’ Association.
|August 1969||Opened the Tokyo Business Office in Setagaya-ku.|
|May 1971||Developed the YZB-85 Horizontal Boring and Milling Machine.|
|June 1971||Keiji Yamasaki, the chairman of the ‘Society to Save Urado Bay’, addressed concerns about pollution after the ‘fresh concrete incident.’|
|April 1972||Opened a fish farm in Uranoichi, Susaki City.|
|May 1973||Added an assembly plant to the second factory.|
|October 1973||Added an assembly plant to the second factory.|
|August 1980:||Added an assembly plant to the main factory.|
|September 1980||Extended the second factory.|
|1981||Developed the YZ-8N Vertical Boring and Milling Machine.
Started development of the NC machines line.
|1982||Increased capital to 30,000,000 yen.
Developed the YZ-8 Vertical Boring and Milling Machine.
Renamed the Nagoya Office to the Nagoya Business Office.
|1983||Released fish into Tosa Bay by the Uranouchi Fish Farm at no public cost.
Developed the YZ-75 Vertical Boring and Milling Machine.
|1984||Developed the YZ-8C Vertical Boring and Milling Machine.|
|April 1985||Opened the Hiroshima Office.|
|September 1985||Added another assembly plant to the second factory.|
|March 1987||Opened the Maebashi Office.|
|February 1988||Developed the YZ-8NC Vertical NC Milling Machine.|
|September 1988||Relocated the main office function to the second factory.|
|December 1988||Added a machine plant to the second factory.|
|March 1989||Constructed the third factory.|
|April 1989||Constructed the staff canteen ‘Keyaki-no-uchi’.|
|June 1989||Added an office to the second factory.|
|January 1992||Renamed the Maebashi Office and Hiroshima Office as the Maebashi Business Office and Hiroshima Business Office.
Opened the Fukuoka Business Office.
|August 1992||Developed the YZ-450NC Vertical Milling Machine.|
|June 1993||Developed the YZ-8CR Next-generation General Purpose Milling Machine.|
|January 1994||Developed the YZ-8WR Next-generation General Purpose Milling Machine.|
|October 1996||Developed the YZ-500 SGATC Next-generation NC Milling Machine.|
|April 1997||The Company founder Keiji Yamasaki died.|
|March 1998||Constructed a paint plant.|
|March 1998||Relocated the Tokyo Business Office to the newly-built site in Toda City, Saitama Prefecture.|
|April 1998||Developed the YZ-500WR Next-generation General Purpose Milling Machine.|
|2001||Increased capital to 60,000,000 yen.|
|January 2002||Relocated the Nagoya Business Office to Kamiotai, Nishi-ku, Nagoya City.|
|April 2002||Relocated the Osaka Business Office to Higashi-Osaka City.|
|September 2005||Linked our Company with the Forest Volunteer Organization and opened its forests to the public.|
|February 2006||Received the 20th Kochi Local Industry Award for its recycled CD floor covering ‘Opalite’.|
|March 2006||Constructed a new factory in the Techno Park in Kami City. (Completed the first stage of the Tosa Yamada factory.)|
|July 2006||Established the affiliated company ‘ND Materials’.|
|September 2007||Completed the second stage of the TosaYamada factory (the machine plant).|
|April 2008||Opened the Tohoku Business Office in Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture.
Established the affiliated company ‘Kochi FEL’.
|September 2008||Completed the ‘Keyaki-no-uchi’ at the TosaYamada factory.|
|November 2008||Received the ‘Good Company Award’ (hosted by the Medium and Small Business Research Institute).|
|December 2008||Completed the third stage of the TosaYamada factory (the paint plant)|
|November 2010||Established the Kochi Nature Council.
The Company assumed operation of the
‘Tosa Nature School’, School of Organic Farming (from the 5th term)
|July 2012||Had group companies of m.e. works inc.別ウィンドウで開く|
|September 2012||Completed the forth stage of the TosaYamada factory (the assembly plant and Material warehouse).|
*Click those imagesto see a larger version.
*Click those imagesto see a larger version.
For further product information, please contact us at the address below.
Person in charge: Nozomu Yamasaki